Clery Reportable Locations

On Campus

Any building or property owned or controlled by an institution within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area and used to meet or support the institution's educational purposes, including residence halls, administrative buildings, and buildings that house classrooms/labs.

  • Residence Halls - any student housing facility that is owned or controlled by the institution, or is located on property that is owned or controlled by the institution, and is within the reasonably contiguous geographic area that makes up the campus is considered an on campus student housing facility

Also, any building or property that is within or reasonably contiguous to the area identified in the above paragraph, that is owned by the institution but controlled by another person, is frequently used by students, and used to support institutional purposes (such as food or other retail vendors and bookstores).

Public Property

All public property includes thoroughfares, streets, sidewalks, and parking facilities, that is within campus, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.

  • Public property refers to property owned by a public entity, such as a city or state government.

  • Accessible is defined as there is no barrier of any kind between campus border and public property or some type of barrier exists but frequently ignored by students (a fence or wall that students climb over, under or through).


Any building or property that is not part of the main campus nor a separate campus and is owned or controlled by the institution, used in support or relation to the institution’s educational purposes, and frequently used by students. Also, a building or property that is owned or controlled by a student organization that is officially recognized by the institution, such as fraternity and sorority houses, are considered non-campus.